Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Live Theatre on KI/Imperial 20

Friday night saw Andy and I attending the local threatre production, which proved to be a bit of a giggle. All credit to those involved, anyone who can get up on a stage deserves a big round of applause.

Imperial 20 was really well attended, lots of people from Victoria attended, flying in on Friday night and spending the weekend on the island. I was absolutely amazed at the amount of fit 'older' people who took part, they put some of the younger competitors to shame.
Andy took part in a relay team from the Dairy and had to walk 8 klms, which he said was mostly uphill and it rained for the best part of his walk, but the team did well. I did a rather sedate 4 klm walk, spent most of the walk worrying about the gentleman walking next to me who had to be at least 80 something! although he is obviously a fit guy for his age he was huffing and puffing and I was a bit concerned he was going to collapse. Anyway I had a quick whisper in the ear of another lady walking in our group (she was 75) and we decided to slow the pace down just in case.

Andy and I are off to Naracoopa this Saterday night for a meal for St Patricks Day, haven't got a clue where we are going, saw an ad in the local bank, apparantly it is a residence that does meals so it should be interesting.

Hope this post finds everyone well.

1 comment:

Jane in Cumbria said...

Hi Kay
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. As you are on 'no-reply' I could not email you back, so I'll do it this way.
I just took an image of a Welsh dragon, and enlarged it, then just drew the outline.
There is one here, for example
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Dragon
I hope this helps?
Jane